Questions on Applying to Sit for the Certification and Recertification Exams
- How can I get a copy of the application? Can you fax it to me?
- What are the application criteria?
- Can I apply online?
- Can I fax in my application?
- When does CBNC registration open?
- When are the application deadlines?
- What are the fees to sit for the exams?
- When will CBNC staff contact me after I have submitted my application?
- How long does it take for application review?
- I see I have to include a preceptor letter with my application. What should the letter say?
- I will not have met all the eligibility criteria by the application deadline, but I will have by the time of the exam. May I still apply?
- I missed the October deadline for applying… can I apply late?
How can I get a copy of the application? Can you fax it to me?Applications are accepted in online format ONLY. Applicants must submit their CBNC application and all correct supporting documentation electronically through his/her MY APCA account. You may access this through the Apply Now tab. To electronically submit your application you will need to establish a MY APCA account with your name and contact information.
- For US Certification Candidates: Eligibility Requirements for Candidates Residing in the United States.
- For Non-US Certification Candidates residing or planning to practice outside the US: Eligibility Requirements for Candidates Residing Outside the United States at the Time of Application.
- For Recertification Candidates: Eligibility Requirements. Applicants may test in any (or all) of years 8, 9 or 10 of their 10 year certification period. Applicants may also sit for the Recertification examinination after their certification/recertification has expired, but certification status will show as expired in APCA’s Directory of Certificants.
Yes, this is the only method to apply. You must first create yourself an online account. To do so, please go to this link.
No, applications can only be accepted in online format and must be submitted electronically through an individuals MY APCA account. To apply, you must first create yourself an online account or if you already have an existing online account with CBNC, CBCCT or CCCVI, you may login.
Application submission for 2019 opened on May 30th.
Certification — Application Submission Deadlines
Regular Thursday, August 15, 2019 $995 Late Tuesday, October 1, 2019 $1,195 Final (13th Hour) Thursday, October 10, 2019 $2,100
Recertification — Application Submission Deadlines
Regular Thursday, August 31, 2019 $725 Late Tuesday, October 1, 2019 $925 Final (13th Hour) Thursday, October 10, 2019 $1,500
The fees for each exam is dependent on when you apply. Please see “When are the application deadlines?” above for the appropriate fee associated with each exam and deadline.
The fees must be paid online by credit card (AMEX, Discover, MasterCard or Visa).
Administrative fees, late fees and resubmission fees will not be refunded.
Application status can be verified at any time by logging into your MY APCA account and clicking on “My CBCCT/CBCMR/CBNC” in the Application Center tab. Alternatively you may contact CBNC staff via email or phone: CBNC@apca.org or 240-631-8151.
APPLICATION RECEIVED: Once you submit payment, you will have the opportunity to print your receipt. Log in to your MY APCA account and click on the My Resources tab, then click on “My Receipts”. Each receipt contains a Payment Date – this is your confirmation that your application has been received by our system and it has been put in queue to be reviewed. Your application status will change to Application Received.
Application review occurs each business day during business hours. Return to Top
Staff reviews applications as expeditiously as possible and in the order received. Please allow at least 7-10 business days for correspondence from CBNC staff regarding your application status. Applications submitted on or near application deadlines, due to an increase in submission volume, may require more than 10 business days to review.
Once Applicants with incorrect or incomplete applications have been contacted, via email, and informed of the changes required to approve their application, their application will be put back in the review queue. Therefore, it is to the Applicant’s advantage to make sure the application is complete and correct prior to submission.
Sample preceptor letters are provided on the CBNC website at Information & Templates for Preceptors. The letters must be written on institutional letterhead and be dated no earlier than June 1, 2017.
All eligibility criteria must be met at the time of application. Applications will be considered incomplete if any of the material is missing or incorrect and the applicant will be subject to a $75 incomplete application fee.
For example, if the preceptor letter included does not use the correct language for the applicant’s background, the letter will be returned to the applicant. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make certain that the letter written by the preceptor complies with CBNC’s templates.
Under no circumstance will CBNC accept or review an application from an individual who has not finished Level 2 training in Nuclear Cardiology.
No, the online application registration will close at 11:59pm ET on October 10, 2019. This is the latest an applicant can apply for the 2019 exam. There are no exceptions to this policy.